92. Back to the fog and bad food
Roll up, roll up. Listen to a dog drinking beer. From Belgium. The beer, that is. The dog's from England, mate. In other news: Panic's Playdate, BT's new look, Manga at the British something or other, Microsoft browsers, Shanghai bookshops, and, naturellement, pies.
Roll up, roll up. Listen to a dog drinking beer. From Belgium. The beer, that is. The dog's from England, mate.
In other news: Panic's Playdate, BT's new look, Manga at the British something or other, Microsoft browsers, Shanghai bookshops, and, naturellement, pies.
- Playdate. A New Handheld Gaming System — Software house Panic have branched out in to Hardware with a cute little hand-held games console.
- IM Pei: celebrated architect behind Louvre pyramid dead at 102 - Art and design - The Guardian
- Mirrored Ceilings and Criss-Crossed Stairwells Give a Chinese Bookstore the Feeling of an M.C. Escher Woodcut - Colossal — A stunning bookstore in China.
- X+Living — Architects of the bookstore above.
- "Street Corner at Worlds End, London, 1954. — A wonderful photo that cropped up in Rob's Twitter feed, by Inge Morath.
- Love is the Devil — Jon's been watching Love and the Devil and digging deeper in to the life of painter Francis Bacon.
- Francis Bacon: Anatomy of an Enigma: Amazon.co.uk: Michael Peppiatt: 8601417755228: Books — Bacon reading.
- Microsoft Edge Insider — Microsoft is back with a new browser for the Mac.
- BT unveils new logo after years of work – its name in a circle - Business - The Guardian — BT rebrand. The usual pile-on via social media.
- Manga at the British Museum exhibition review — Manga comes to the British Museum.
- Fighting Fantasy Fest 3 - fightingfantasy — Who knew there was a convention for Fighting Fantasy books? Not us.
- Airline Logos — Wonderful collection of mid-century US airline logos from Reagan Ray.
- South Coast Journal — How to do a local magazine the right way.
- Fantasma - Magic Rock Brewing — Gluten Free IPA from Magic Rock.
- A new Guy Warley print over at Ellipress — Cockpit - a new print from sci-fi illustrator Guy Warley - available in LP (320mm) or Single (200mm) sizes.
- Rob's got a brand new Patreon — Rob's developing his Weird-Field World of spaceships and alien technology over at Patreon.
This week's pies
Snack Pork Pie by Co-op
Meat inside is really nice. Good at room temperature.
Venison and Red Currant Pie from Armstrong’s Butchers, St Margarets
Phantasma from The Magic Rock Brewery
Doesn't taste very gamey. Hit of sweetness from the red currant.