92. Back to the fog and bad food
Roll up, roll up. Listen to a dog drinking beer. From Belgium. The beer, that is. The dog's from England, mate. In other news: Panic's Playdate, BT's new look, Manga at the British something or other, Microsoft browsers, Shanghai bookshops, and, naturellement, pies.
Roll up, roll up. Listen to a dog drinking beer. From Belgium. The beer, that is. The dog's from England, mate.
In other news: Panic's Playdate, BT's new look, Manga at the British something or other, Microsoft browsers, Shanghai bookshops, and, naturellement, pies.
- Playdate. A New Handheld Gaming System — Software house Panic have branched out in to Hardware with a cute little hand-held games console.
- IM Pei: celebrated architect behind Louvre pyramid dead at 102 - Art and design - The Guardian
- Mirrored Ceilings and Criss-Crossed Stairwells Give a Chinese Bookstore the Feeling of an M.C. Escher Woodcut - Colossal — A stunning bookstore in China.
- X+Living — Architects of the bookstore above.
- "Street Corner at Worlds End, London, 1954. — A wonderful photo that cropped up in Rob's Twitter feed, by Inge Morath.
- Love is the Devil — Jon's been watching Love and the Devil and digging deeper in to the life of painter Francis Bacon.
- Francis Bacon: Anatomy of an Enigma: Amazon.co.uk: Michael Peppiatt: 8601417755228: Books — Bacon reading.
- Microsoft Edge Insider — Microsoft is back with a new browser for the Mac.
- BT unveils new logo after years of work – its name in a circle - Business - The Guardian — BT rebrand. The usual pile-on via social media.
- Manga at the British Museum exhibition review — Manga comes to the British Museum.
- Fighting Fantasy Fest 3 - fightingfantasy — Who knew there was a convention for Fighting Fantasy books? Not us.
- Airline Logos — Wonderful collection of mid-century US airline logos from Reagan Ray.
- South Coast Journal — How to do a local magazine the right way.
- Fantasma - Magic Rock Brewing — Gluten Free IPA from Magic Rock.
- A new Guy Warley print over at Ellipress — Cockpit - a new print from sci-fi illustrator Guy Warley - available in LP (320mm) or Single (200mm) sizes.
- Rob's got a brand new Patreon — Rob's developing his Weird-Field World of spaceships and alien technology over at Patreon.
This week's pies
|Snack Pork Pie by Co-op||
Meat inside is really nice. Good at room temperature.
|Venison and Red Currant Pie from Armstrong’s Butchers, St Margarets||
Phantasma from The Magic Rock Brewery
Doesn't taste very gamey. Hit of sweetness from the red currant.