A ruined building stands alone, wreathed in vines, wrapped in mystery. Its cracked portico reveals a dark and brooding entrance, occasionally brightened by a pulsing red dot of light. Inside lurks Episode 94 of the podcast that is, and isn't, about design. Lost in time. Forgotten by civilisation. Waiting. Just for you…
In this episode we look at a new Akira, online criticism, linocuts, LEGO Space, single line typefaces, meander maps and Apollo XI in realtime.
- The Etherington Brothers — Rob got the latest offering from the Etherington Bros - an absolute must for anyone, young or old, in to drawing.
- Heather Antos on Twitter: "PRO TIP…" — Sage advice from Heather.
- All 7 new LEGO City Space sets for summer 2019 are now available [News] | The Brothers Brick | The Brothers Brick — It's Space Jon, but not as we know it.
- The Marvelous Mississippi River Meander Maps — Map madness.
- BBC World Service - 13 Minutes to the Moon — Relive the Apollo 11 moon mission.
- Astronomy Photographer of the Year 2019 shortlist – in pictures | Science | The Guardian — My God, it's full of stars.
- Giorgio Morandi - Wikipedia — Jon has discovered a new artist…
- Counter-Print Book Set — Jon's reading list for the next… eight years.
- ColorLibrary | The Unique Furnace in Venice | Orsoni Venezia 1888 — Class glass.
- National Park Typeface — Gorgeous typeface, and website. Yogi Bear would be proud.
- Cutting Edge: Modernist British Printmaking | Dulwich Picture Gallery — An exhibition of 1930s British printmaking over at The Dulwich Picture Gallery.
- The Stack: Every Layout — Jon was very excited about this resource for website design / coding. Rob, not so much.
- Apollo 11 in Real-time — More Apollo 11 goodness (well the anniversary is coming up). Relive the entire Apollo 11 mission in real time.