This week's podcast focuses on things we make that have no real worth. Many would say that covers this podcast and they're probably right.
We look at recent news items that follow this trend; such as re-edits of 42-year-old children's films, speculative architectural visualisations, and self-digitising notebooks. "Why, why, why, why, why?", asks one of our hosts.
But without making things that seemingly have no worth, would we end up with beauties like x6udpngx?
- Patagonia’s CEO is donating company’s entire $10M Trump tax cut to fight climate change. — Patagonia, one of the good ones.
- Star Wars SC 38 Reimagined - YouTube — Rob loves this. Jon hates it.
- Miysis Studio envisions Notre-Dame with a rebuilt spire and glass roof — Lovely idea for the reconstruction of the roof of Notre Dame Cathedral.
- Beyond The Wild Rumpus: A Guide To Maurice Sendak Books | Book Riot — We didn't get to this on the show, but here's a great guide to the books of Maurice Sendak.
- Watch By the Wey online - BFI Player — Jon lost himself in vintage films from the BFI.
- Fire in the East (Warrior of Rome, #1) by Harry Sidebottom — Jon's been reading this.
- Passionate Journey - Wikipedia — The lovely Richard Weston sent Jon a copy of this wordless novel.
- Provenance by Ann Leckie — Rob's reading this.
- The Wrong Ways: A—E (Ace Jet 170) — Jon, under his Ellipress umbrella, has been working with Acejet170 (Richard Weston) on some marvellous cartographical prints. Coming soon!
- 'Peanuts in Space' Short Coming to Apple TV App in May - MacRumors — Apple and the illiberal arts.
- Australian $50 note typo: spelling mistake printed 46 million times | Australia news | The Guardian — If you've ever made a print cock-up, take solace from the fact it wasn't to the value of nearly one billion Australian dollars.
- Michael Wolf obituary | Art and design | The Guardian — Michael Wolf, creator of those extraordinary photographs of the high-rises of Hong Kong, has died.
- Moleskine’s new smart notebook vectorizes lines in Adobe Illustrator in real time - The Verge — Jon and Rob both deride Moleskine's latest flirtation with digital illustration.
- Animal Photo Art References Search — Need photo reference of a wolf looking at a very specific angle? This is the site for you. Very clever.
- Harviestoun Brewery - Harviestoun Brewery — Jon enjoyed some Old Engine Oil from the Haviestoun Brewery. And we both enjoyed their website and branding. Good work Primate.
- Primate | Digital Agency Edinburgh — Purveyors of design excellence. See previous link.
- CURIOCITY – London Unfolded — Lovely map-based printed goodness from Curiocity.