You know that dusty old shop that's always closed? You know the one, slumped between CoffeeKings and Harvey's Estate Agents on the high street. That's where episode 84 is being recorded right now. We sent you a text on your Punkt phone. Didn't you get it?
Following on from Creative Review's recent flurry of articles on the matter, Rob and Jon ask if design can save retail? Can design save anything at all? They do their best to obfuscate the entire debate.
News includes Apple (briefly, you'll be relieved to hear), a new map of Antarctica, Fontsmith's new catalogue, kitbashed spaceships, octogenarian fashion models, Incompuito buildings and a new New Adventures Conference.
Pies are consumed like the greedy capitalist pigs we are.
- REMA - New map of the Antarctic.
- Home | New Adventures | 23rd-25th January 2019
- Marcel du Long | Pixels & Plastics — Amazing model making from Jake Jerde and Marcel Du Long.
- Sunnyside Podcast Show — Rob's been enjoying this podcast. A funny chat about comics, art, film, pop culture…
- Fontsmith Library Book – Fontsmith Shop — Mmmmm.
- George Allen – Ellipress — Ellipress has a new artist on board. Check out the work of architecture student George Allen.
- Alexandra Leese (@alexleese) • Instagram photos and videos — Alex Leese's work for Helmut Lang caught our eye.
- Can creativity save the British high street?
- Best Basic Punkt Dumb Mobile Phones without Internet - Modern Non Smartphone technology — A phone for the (wannabe) unconnected. Or just another expensive gimmick?
- Mud Foods — Jon's Pie.
- Robson's Butcher and Deli — Rob's Pie.