This week we are joined by special guest and master of the Bézier curve, Ben the Illustrator.
News includes an Oliver Postgate exhibition, in-game art in Codemasters' Onrush, Microsoft's adaptive controller for disabled gamers, Monde's bookend models, and the curious case of the European Museum of the year.
We talk to Ben about his career in illustration, his creative process, his plans for the future, and why social media should be a two-way conversation.
Pies are a Pieminister Kate and Sidney pie (Jon – 7), a Minced Beef pie from Turner's Pies in Chichester (Rob – 8.96), and a John Thorner's Steak and London Pride pie (Ben – 8).
- Temperate House | Kew — Rob visited the newly restored Temperate House at Kew Gardens. It's now his favourite building in London.
- The Fall - Vol.1 & pre-order issues 4-6! Blackyard Shop Illustration GmbH — Rob's been reading The Fall, by Jared Muralt.
- The Complete Calvin and Hobbes: Amazon.co.uk: Bill Watterson: 0050837310001: Books — Jon's been reading Calvin and Hobbes to Kitty.
- Mr Bingo’s Online Supermarket — Jon received a, typically filthy, book from Mr Bingo.
- Paper Girls Volume 1: Amazon.co.uk: Brian K. Vaughan, Cliff Chiang: 9781632156747: Books — Ben has been reading Volume 4 of Paper Girls, a comic book he recommends.
- Calf high socks. Overlook hotel socks. Burgundy, Party Orange and Chocolate Brown socks. — Rob was particularly taken by these Kubrickian lower-leg coverings.
- Magical Bookends Transform Bookshelves into the Back Alleys of Japan | Spoon & Tamago — Incredible bookends from @monde. Turning bookshelves in to little corners of Tokyo.
- Clangers, Bagpuss & Co | Hull Culture and Leisure — If you like the Clangers, Bagpuss, or Noggin the Nog, get yourself to this exhibition in Hull.
- Microsoft to launch disability-friendly Xbox controller | Games | The Guardian — An adaptive Xbox controller to make games more accessible.
- 8x10 - Sell Limited Edition Fine Art with a Single Post to Instagram — A new way to sell art through Instagram.
- ONRUSH | The all-action arcade racer from Codemasters — Ben, along with a number of other artists, contributed art for this brilliant looking game.
- Home - Design Museum — The Design Museum has been named European Museum of the Year. Jon and Rob have issues, some of them about this.
- Ben the Illustrator — Ben's brilliant website.
- Ben the Illustrator - Illustrator's Survey — The 2017 Illustrator's Survey.
- Ben The Illustrator (@BenIllustrator) | Twitter — Ben on Twitter.
- Ben The Illustrator (@benillustrator) • Instagram photos and videos — Ben on Instagram.
- Ben The Illustrator Print Store — Buy Ben's gorgeous work here.
- Superorganism - The Debut Album Out Now — Ben's pick for Website of the Week. The fabulous website for Superorganism.