Our hosts take a listen to a couple of new podcasts and the new sound effect library from the BBC. They ponder the task that faces Flickr's new owners and moot a possible visit to Thought Bubble in Leeds later this year.
Rob and Jon discuss tools they use everyday to help them do their work more efficiently. Find out who will survive when the grid shuts down.
Jon's pie gets more points than Rob's. The world is in turmoil.
- Goliath: Amazon.co.uk: Tom Gauld: 9781770462991: Books — Tom Gauld's fabulous Goliath.
- Moebius Library: The World of Edena: Amazon.co.uk: Moebius: 9781506702162: Kitchen & Home — Moebius's wonderful World Of Edena.
- BBC Sound Effects - Research & Education Space — BBC Sound Effects department have put over 16,000 sound effects online.
- Scenes Unseen: The Summer of ’78 - The New York Times — Another beautiful photo essay from the NYT. Summer of 1978.
- Temperate House | Kew — The Temperate House at Kew has reopened after five years and £40 million.
- WhatsApp CEO Jan Koum quits over privacy disagreements with Facebook | Technology | The Guardian — WhatsApp founder quits FB
- Visit | Thought Bubble Festival — Will the next North v South field trip be to the Thought Bubble comic festival in Leeds?
- About - Bullet Journal — We really have no idea…
- The all-new Things. Your to-do list for Mac & iOS — Things app.
- Magnet – Window manager for Mac — Magnet app.
- Home - Dropbox — Dropbox.
- Zeplin — Zeplin app.
- Moleskine Sketchbook: Moleskine: Amazon.co.uk: Office Products — Moleskine sketchbook.
- STABILO point 88 Fineliner, Black, Wallet of 10: Amazon.co.uk: Office Products — Stabilo Point 88 pen.
- Post-it Super Sticky Notes, 3 x 3-Inches, Neon Orange, 5-Pads/Pack: Amazon.co.uk: Office Products — Orange Post-It notes. The only colour that matters.
- MiniSun A3 LED Modern Ultra-Slim Art Craft Design LightPad: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home — Minisun A3 Lightbox.
- Tim Bushe is fundraising for HFT — Tim Bushe's marvellous fundraising effort as Hedge Trimmer Man.
- Sainsbury's Steak, Mushroom & Red Wine Pie 235g | Sainsbury's — Rob's Pie. Which merited a 6 out of 10.
- Sainsbury's Mini Bramley Apple Topped Pork Pies, Taste the Difference x4 200g | Sainsbury's — Jon's pie, which he awarded a solid seven out of ten.