Daniel Benneworth-Gray — book designer, writer, Twitter noise, and all round nice chap — joins us on the podcast that is, and isn't, about design. We talk about his career in design, as well as gravy carbonisation, and telephone chairs.
News includes a new freelance rate calculator, Birmingham Design Festival, Record Store Day, and Rob updates us with Martin Sorrell’s latest movements.
This week’s pies are from Marks and Spencer, Pieminister and Yorkshire Baker. One of the pies is called Kevin.
- Old Man's War by John Scalzi
- A Boy Made of Blocks by Keith Stuart
- SodaStream UK — Water made exciting (ps shoot the copywriter).
- Day Rate Calculator
- Record Store Day — Ebay scam or worthwhile cause?
- Wetherspoon — Social Media has no value
- Sorrell Gone — Martin Sorrell is no more at WPP. Despite earning £200million over the last five years, he’s accused of misusing company funds.
- All Too Human — National Portrait Gallery exhibition – All Too Human
- Birmingham Design Festival — Birmingham Design Festival looks like a treat.
- Han Solo ice cube tray
- Kona Brewing Co. — Rob's beer this week is a Longboard Island Lager
- Five AM Red Ale from BrewDog — Daniel's beer this week
- Yorkshire Baker pies — Daniel enjoys a Steak and Ale pie. He believes it was already cooked. 8/10.
- Pierate's review of M&S's Steak and Old Peculiar Pie — Rob's pie this week scored a 7.2. If you thought we're weird reviewing pies, then take a look at www.pierate.co.uk. Over 600 reviews and counting, and boasting a mind-bendingly complicated scoring system that Rob would be proud of.
- Kevin the pie — Jon bites into a large prune stone. WHICH HAS NO PLACE IN A SAVOURY PIE DAGNAMMIT! Dolmio in a bap. 2/10