In the final episode of a rather intermittent season 2, our emissaries of ephemera discuss whether social media has levelled the playing field for both Davids and Goliaths.
News includes Wacom’s artist profile films, how Michael Bierut chooses typefaces, t shirts as design, academicism, The Culture, Dr Who’s rebrand, and Oxford Commas (see what I did there).
One pie is disqualified for being a stew with a lid. LOTR Chapter 5: A Conspiracy Unmasked is discussed in the extra bits.
- Storm Front: The Dresden Files, Book One (The Dresden Files series 1) eBook: Jim Butcher: Amazon.co.uk: Books
- Chalk by Paul Cornell
- Frank Quitely sketch book — Frank Quitely: Drawings & Sketches - a new book featuring work from the sketchbooks of comic artist Frank Quitely (Vincent Deighan).
- BBC Four - Detectorists
- Brand New: New Logo for Doctor Who by LittleHawk — Who?
- Jean-Léon Gérôme — Academicism
- Social Media Marketing Statistics 2018
- Griefcast on acast — Comedians talking about death
- How Pentagram’s Michael Bierut Picks A Typeface
- Umbrella studios